With Mother’s Day Weekend just a few days away, let The Lodge on Lake Detroit and The Spa Within help you Celebrate Moms, with our Mother's Day Spa Gift Card special, and with Saturday, May 11th events: The Lodge is hosting an Old World Wines Tasting at 5:30 pm, an Art Debut and display by a regional artist and mom, Jennifer Peterson, and Live Music by 42nd Street Jazz Band from 7 – 10 pm. **Reservations are required and space is limited for the Wine Tasting Dinner, hosted by charismatic sommelier, Scott Lindemann, so if you haven’t yet, call today, 218-847-8439! There’s even a lodging package that includes two admissions to the Wine Tasting Event. . . See details and booking links below.
Thank you for your continued business. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Mother's Day Weekend Wine Tasting Dinner
Saturday, May 11, 2013
followed by . . .
"LIVE at The Lodge"
The Lodge's Mother's Day Weekend Wine Tasting Dinner Event, featuring an old world wines Tasting with Food Pairings, is a great opportunity to celebrate Moms!
$35 + tax & gratuity per person includes wine, meal, and admission to live music event following. Advance reservations are required 48 hours prior to event. Space is limited, so be sure to call in soon, if you haven't yet. For event reservations, call: 218-847-8439 or 800-761-VIEW (8439).
The "Mother's Day Weekend Wine Tasting Dinner" event starts at 5:30 pm in The Lodge's Lakefront Reflections Room. Scott Lindman, sommelier from Paustis Wine Co., will introduce the featured "wines" and will answer attendee's questions. His passion for & knowledge of wines combined with his approachable, fun personality should make this event memorable for all!
During the Wine Tasting Event enjoy an ART DEBUT of inspirational, whimsical paintings by Jennifer Peterson. Jennifer resides in Fargo, Moorhead MN with her delightful daughter, Stella. A talented musician as well as artist, Jennifer is principal oboist with the Fargo Moorhead Symphony Orchestra, and is on the music faculty at Concordia College in Moorhead, MN.
- Nicholas Potel Macon-Villages (France - white (Chardonnay) paired with chicken on arugula with olive oil and light vinaigrette
- Evodia - Old Vine Garnacha (Spain - red) paired with smoked fish and crackers
- Rocca delle Macie Sasyr (Italy - big red blend) paired with red meat
- Dr. Pauly-Bergweiler Noble House Riesling (Germany - sweet) paired with fruit plate
"LIVE at The Lodge" (7:00 - 10:00 p.m.) in the 2-story lakefront, fireside lobby. Featuring Kathie Brekke and the 42ND Street Jazz Band. No Cover Charge. Open to guests and the public.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
1 Night Package - $174.99 + Tax & Gratuity includes:
- Resort Room for 1 night on Saturday, May 11, 2013
- Two Admission(s) to Wine Tasting Event - at 5:30pm
- Complimentary full hot breakfast in the morning
- Enjoyment of indoor pool area, 24 hour fitness room.
- $174.99 rate based on double occupancy.
Two "LIVE at The Lodge" events over Memorial Weekend!
Friday, May 24, 2013
"LIVE at the Lodge" (from 7 - 10 pm) - Featuring Pianist Carol Ledeboer-Johnson, Ivory Perfume. Open to the public and hotel guests. No Cover Charge.
Sunday, May 26, 2013
"LIVE at the Lodge" (from 6 - 9 pm) - Featuring Russ Peterson, sax, with David Ferreira Trio. Open to the public and hotel guests. No Cover Charge.
Visit the Lodge on Lake Website to view more upcoming events.
Upcoming Lodge Events Open to the Public!
Mark your calendar to attend these fun wine tasting,
live music & other Lodge events.
- Saturday, May 11, 2013 - Mother's Day Weekend Wine Tasting Dinner - 5:30 Wine Tasting Dinner Reservation Required.
- Saturday, May 11, 2013 - "LIVE at the Lodge" (from 7 - 10 pm) - Featuring Kathie Brekke and the 42ND Street Jazz Band. No Cover Charge. Open to guests and the public.
- Friday, May 24, 2013 - "LIVE at the Lodge" (from 7 - 10 pm) - Featuring Pianist Carol Ledeboer-Johnson, Ivory Perfume. Open to the public and hotel guests. No Cover Charge.
- Sunday, May 26, 2013 - "LIVE at the Lodge" (from 6 - 9 pm) - Featuring Russ Peterson, sax, with David Ferreira Trio. Open to the public and hotel guests. No Cover Charge.
- Friday, June 14, 2013 - Father's Day Weekend Beer Tasting, Shrimp Boil & "LIVE at The Lodge".
GIFT CARD SPECIAL
Each Spa Within Gift Card purchase of
Greenhouse Gift Card!
Each Spa Within Gift Card purchase of $100 or more
Greenhouse Gift Card!
Expires May 11, 2013
at 5:00 pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
MAY SPA SPECIAL!
Excited to put your snow boots away & wear open toed shoes again? Let us help prepare your toes for sandal season!
Receive an ESSENTIAL PEDICURE for the price of an Express Pedicure. (SAVE $15!)
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
2 NIGHT RESORT CREDIT PACKAGE
Available Now through
May 23, 2013*
Earn credits during your stay to use at The Spa Within, LoLa D's & more.
2 Nights = $50 Credit
. . . . . . . . . . . .
1 NIGHT REWARD PACKAGE
$139.99 + tax
Available Now through
May 23, 2013
- Lakefront Resort Room for 1 night for up to 4
- $30 Resort Credit Per Room
- Up to 15% OFF spa services
- Complimentary full hot breakfast
- Enjoyment of Indoor Pool & Fitness Room.
- 1 Bottle of House Wine at Fireside Restaurant
Best Western Rewards® Jump Start to Summer Promotion 2013
April 22 -June 9, 2013
Offer Details: Register now and stay 3 separate times between April 22 and June 9, 2013 at Best Western® branded hotels and earn a $50 USD Best Western Travel Card®*. Earn even more when you use you Best Western Rewards® MasterCard®. LEARN MORE
Celebrate Dad’s Day Weekend at The Lodge on Lake Detroit
LAKEFRONT SHRIMP BOIL & LIVE MUSIC By FUNK COMMISSION!
Friday, June 14, 2013, 6 – 9 pm.
Father's Day Weekend at BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Lodge on Lake Detroit is hosting a fun, outdoors, lakeside event on Friday, June 14th that you won't want to miss! Plan now to come and celebrate Dads at The Lodge. Live musical entertainment will be provided, lakefront (weather permitting) by "Funk Commission". Gather with family & friends for a fun night outdoors complete with good food, live music, laughter, and if we’re lucky, another spectacular sunset display over Big Detroit Lake
Advance reservations are required to enjoy the SHRIMP BOIL meal which will be served to those with a wristband at 6 p.m. ($20 per person/plate + tax/gratuity). For Shrimp Boil reservations call The Lodge on Lake Detroit : 218-847-8439. (48 hours in advance we have an accurate food count).
This casual, fun event will be hosted outdoors/lakefront, picnic-style. Live music will also be provided, 6 – 9 pm, outdoors/lakefront (weather permitting) by Fargo’s Funk Commission. No cover charge. The music is open to hotel guests & the public. For those not interested in reserving a Shrimp Boil meal in advance, appetizers plus a full bar offering your favorite drinks will be available for purchase during the music event.
Festival Of Birds in Detroit Lakes Minnesota
May 16-19, 2013
Serious birders flock here each spring for the annual Detroit Lakes Festival of Birds. The 16th annual Festival of Birds is May 16-19. Look over the exciting 2013 schedule and register online for your favorite events, workshops, field trips and featured presenters Carrol Henderson, Paul Sundberg and John Fitzpatric. Make The Lodge on Lake Detroit your place to stay while in town for The Festival of Birds!
Finally, thanks again for letting us share our newsletter with you. We continue to add new services and events and provide information of value to our customers through email and specials on The Lodge web site.
--Your Guest Experience Team at BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Lodge on Lake Detroit